Do you need to wear thick make-up to hide away your acne, eczema or skin problems, just to be sure that nobody notices? Or have you been lying in the sun hoping to get a great golden tan, but instead you walked away with red sun burned skin? As soon as you’re sunburned, you are open to experience the side-effects of nausea, blisters, skin peeling, headache, fever and dehydration. This is why you need to have the most effective after-sun product to prevent these symptoms. Well, what if I tell you that there is a natural skin healing superfood right at your reach? Aloe Vera is known as the “wonder plant”, because it contains more than 200 active units, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, polysaccharides and fatty acids. This wonder plant superfood has been used for more than 5000 years by man. You don’t have to try product after product with disappointing results anymore or spend your money on unnecessary products with the hope of healing benefits and a new skin. Just try Aloe Vera! Raw Aloe Vera is filled with gel that can be directly applied to your wound or damaged skin without any burning or itchy effect. The living cells in the Aloe Vera gel helps the production of your white blood cells to heal your damaged skin. Not only is this great superfood known for it’s skin healing effects, but also for its immune fighting properties. It is filled with immune-modulating effects that allow your body’s immune system to fight back all fungal infections, nanobacteria and chronic viral infections. So, if you want to look radiant, be healed from skin damage and feel healthy, Aloe Vera is the superfood for you!
Top 12 Health Benefits of Aloe Vera:
- Nourish Your Body: Your body may not have all the nutrients it needs to stay healthy and active through all the toxins and stress you’re faced with everyday. What if I tell you that you can be sure of having all nutrients you need through this great superfood? Aloe Vera is filled with all the minerals your body needs to function normal everyday. It contains 20 different minerals: calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, copper, selenium, sodium and much more. This miracle plant also contains vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, choline, B12 and folic acids. These minerals and vitamins are needed to nourish your body from the inside out.
- Relieves Sunburn: Sunburn is your skin’s reaction to the ultraviolet (UV) radiation of the sun. The signs and symptoms of sunburn only appear after you have already been burned. This means that by the time that you experience the side effects of redness, pain, nausea, dehydration, fever and headache, that it’s too late and the damage has been done. Aloe-Vera has great cooling effects that will cool your skin, while relieving the pain and the burned feeling of your skin. It will also help heal your skin from any blisters and soreness, through its great anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agents that stimulate your immune-system.
- Improves Your Digestive System: If your digestive system is poor, you may have symptoms of constipation, headache, bloating, stomach cramps, fatigue and more. Digestive distress is a main factor of most illnesses, because of all the toxins that are trapped in your body. Aloe Vera is the superfood that comes to your rescue to get your digestive system moving again! It will help your digestive system from all illnesses such as colitis, ulcers, irritable bowel movement syndrome and constipation. Your inner digestive system is lined with epithelial cells that protect your intestines from unwanted bacteria and damage. Aloe Vera has the full ability to support your epithelial membrane, which will lead to regular bowel movement without discomfort. This great superfood also opens and dissolves in the mucous membrane in your intestines to increase the absorption of your intestines. The mannose chains from this ”wonder plant” kills all the yeast in your intestines, which will enhance the good bacteria in your digestive system to grow and balance your pH levels. This will also help you to lose weight in a healthy manner!
- Detox Your Body: Your body gets filled with all kinds of toxins everyday. When you eat, what you eat, when you breath and even what you use on your skin, can introduce toxins into your body. This great superfood contains gelatine, which moves through your intestinal track, absorbing all the toxins along the way. These toxins then gets released through your colon, helping your body to detox. As soon as you get rid of your toxins, you will feel more energized, healthier and even happier. Some of your illnesses will be cured as well!
- Alkalize Your Body: Illnesses cannot grow or stay in an alkalized environment, but can cause big problems if your body’s pH levels are imbalanced. Aloe Vera balance your acidic levels, which will push the illnesses out of your system. If you take aloe, you also need to reduce or eliminate your consumption of acidic foods like carbonated drinks, coffee, deep fried junk food. In fact you should change your eating habits completely. Your health is worth it!
- Boost Your Immune System: This healing superfood contains glyco-nutrients, which are long-chained sugars that your body needs to ensure and maintain a strong working immune system. It also contains mannose units, which are known as antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-parasitic. This will reduce inflammation in your body as well. You are face every day with different challenges and stress, so boost your immune to fight that stress symptoms right away!
- Ensure Hydration: The polysaccharides in Aloe Vera contain hydrogen and the Ormus (high energy particles) increase the hydration of your epithelial cells. This is a very important factor, because your body needs hydrogen to create hydration which then keeps you hydrated. There’s places in the world where water is very scarce, but Aloe Vera can be consumed for perfect hydration levels.
- Have Flawless Skin: Are you embarrassed to walk around without make-up, because of your skin condition? Or of you’re a man, do you have a low self esteem just because of your skin condition? I have a REAL solution for you! Firstly, you are what you eat. You may be filled with toxins and it shows on your skin. Follow our detox program that will be launched soon to clean your body! Aloe Vera has the greatest skin healing benefits of all plants and is also know to be the main ingredients in natural cosmetics. It helps to heal wounds, sunburn, bug bites and any skin condition. This wonderful super plant also acts an antipruritic, which means a substance that relieves and prevents any form of itching. Aloe’s high water content of 99% hydrates your body, moisturize and renew your skin all in one! This great survival plant also increases your skins elasticity, which means that your collagen and elastin in your skin will be renewed and you will look 10 years younger! Not only will you look young and healthy but you will also have a healthy blood flow, because of the help that Aloe Vera provides to supply oxygen to your skin cells. This also means that you won’t be having cold hands and feet anymore! My friend once told me that your skin is alive, and so you must not apply anything to your skin what you cannot eat! Your skin absorbs 67% of any product you apply. This opened my eyes to a new world of natural healing superfood and what I am actually feeding my skin everyday!
- Increase Your Cardiovascular System: Because of the easy junk food style in today’s lifestyle, millions of people are diagnosed with certain heart disease or even die of heart diseases such as strokes, high cholesterol and heart attacks every day. You have control over your health and can prevent these heart diseases through living a healthy lifestyle and using Aloe Vera everyday as a part of your eating program. This miracle superfood contains a high amount of fatty acids which lowers the unhealthy fats in your blood. Aloe Vera can prevent heart diseases, because of its great ability to double your oxygen flow and the circulation of red blood cells. This means that your cholesterol levels will be lowered, sugar levels will be balanced and your body will produce healthy red blood cells without struggle. So choose to have a healthy heart!
- Ensure Oral Health: Oral care is very important and must be used everyday to prevent all kinds of mouth and tooth sickness. Aloe Vera prevents your mouth from gum sickness and plaque, which can cause loads of oral problems that can lead to severe pain and discomfort. Keep an eye on my future posts that will explain more about natural oral products.
- Promotes Healthy Kidneys: Aloe Vera is an adaptogen, which is a substance that keeps your vital organs healthy. Using Aloe Vera as part of your daily lifestyle can decrease and prevent the need of kidney dialysis, which is the process that cleans waste and blood from the kidneys. This can be very painful, but prevented through the choice of keeping your kidneys healthy.
- Increase Healthy Liver Function: This first aid superfood activates the liver to produce more glutathione, which is a very important antioxidant needed to produce white blood cells. Increasing the amount of glutathione in your body through consuming Aloe Vera will decrease and even prevent dangerous homocysteine levels. If your homocysteine levels are high and not balanced, you may develop a heart disease or large amounts of different types of illnesses.
Where and How to Get Aloe Vera Products:
Now that you have the knowledge of this amazing first-aid superfood, you need to know for what products you should look out for. This guide will lead you to be certain of the freshness and quality of the product before purchasing.
First, you need to know more or less what Aloe Vera looks like, feels like and tastes like. Let me explain: Aloe Vera has a dull-green colour and a rich moist texture. It can grow until its as big as 2 feet per leaf. The Aloe Vera leaf contains a clear gel that’s called Aloe gel. This can taste bitter or not have any taste at all! Let me show you which products to purchase:
- Always purchase organic Aloe Vera.
- When possible purchase fresh Aloe Vera leaves and not the bottled ones.
- Make sure the Aloe Vera leaves are clear from white speckles.
- Choose a thick smooth Aloe Vera leaf that’s filled with a thick layer of Aloe gel.
- Make sure the leaf is whole.
- Dried Aloe Vera powder.
- Natural Aloe Vera skin care products and lotions.
Grow Your Own Aloe Vera Plant!
I believe that fresh is the best! Why purchase or run out of Aloe Vera if you can grow it yourself and know that it’s 100% fresh? It’s not as difficult as you may think. Actually it’s pretty simple. Let me explain to you the most effective method:
- Aloe Vera likes warm outdoor conditions, but if you are living in cold conditions don’t worry! You can plant the Aloe Vera in a pot and place it near the sun in the window.
- Plant the Aloe Vera in a wide pot rather than a deep pot, because it has shallow roots that enjoy spreading.
- Make sure the pot you choose has drainage holes.
- Fill the pot with potting mix as well as extra perlite.
- Water the plant only once a week to ensure that you don’t over water it, to avoid the roots from rotting.
- The amount of water should not be more than 300ml.
- When you need Aloe Vera, just cut off a leave and squeeze it!
How You Can Use Aloe Vera:
This miracle leaf is at it’s best when it’s cut into a fillet.
- Cut the amount you desire to use from the Aloe plant.
- Remove all thorns with a knife (if needed).
- Separate the Aloe gel from the skin, using your knife as well.
- Once the Aloe gel is separated, you can use it in your beverages, salads and food preparations.
- The inner surface of the leaf that’s been separated from the gel can be used as a moisture lotion for your skin or for healing effects.
- Don’t refrigerate the fillets. Keep them at room temperature.
Treating Athlete’s Feet or Fungus:
- Remove the Aloe skin.
- Blend the inner Aloe gel with spring water until a slurry texture.
- Pour the mixture into a bucket or foot spa.
- Soak your feet for 4 hours a day, 6 times a week.
Applying to Your Skin:
- Fillet the Aloe Vera leaf.
- Place the Aloe gel on the effected area for 3 hours, without removing. (if you prefer more hours, then you may keep it on for longer)
- Rubbing Aloe gel on the area won’t help.
Basic Recommended Dosage: Adults 18 and Older:
Visit your health practitioner first before consuming any of the following dosages:
- Constipation: 10-30 ml Dried Aloe juice.
- Diabetes (type 2): 5-15 ml Twice a day.
- Oral Care: Use 3 times per day. (whether it’s toothpaste, mouthwash or oral salts).
Younger than 18 Years:
Consult a Skin Therapist Before Starting any Therapy.
- Aloe can be applied directly to the skin, but not for more than several hours.
- The dosage of children differ and may react different than in adults.
This post is an item in this series about superfood. To experience all the great benefits of a variety of super food and living a more energized and uplifting healthy life, you need to read further in this series about superfood:
Top 12 Life-Saving Benefits of Aloe Vera: The First-Aid Superfood
Latest posts by Noah Laith (see all)
- Drink Your Food and Eat Your Drinks ( The Power of Digestion ) - June 25, 2014
- Bowel Disorders Part 2 – Colitis - June 19, 2014
- How Detoxing Can Reduce Bowel Gas - June 12, 2014